Reser's Fine Foods is one of the nation's premiere manufacturers of high-quality refrigerated foods including deli salads, side dishes, chip dips, tortillas and Mexican snacks for families across the United States and Canada. Reser's manufactures thousands of products! Some of our brands include Reser's, Mrs. Kinsers, Don Pancho, Baja Café, and Stonemill Kitchens. You will see our mouth-watering products in supermarkets, restaurants and local outlets across the nation!
Responsible for implementing and monitoring corporate and local programs and policies that lead to the food safety and quality of all manufactured products.
1. Hires, trains and supervises the plant QA staff, manages QA staff hours and responsibilities.
2. Ensures adequate staffing on all shifts to meet objectives of the food safety and quality systems. Leads development of the QA staff; identifying training needs and planning for succession.
3. Maintains records of monitoring to verify processes and products continuously meet program and policy requirements. Analyzes data collected using quality tools to identify trends, potential issues and opportunities for improvement.
4. Implements processes of record review, process verification and validation, facility inspection and others to ensure the facility is always prepared for internal, external and regulatory audits.
5. Validates effective process controls and prerequisite programs. Co-ordinates Mock Recall and Food Defense assessments.
6. Writes, reviews and revises facility SOPs to align with corporate objectives. Updates Food Safety and Quality Plans as needed.
7. Conducts SQF verification activities ensuring policies, pre-requisite programs and SOPS are followed
8. Assists Research & Development in commercialization of new products and monitoring of new product launches.
9. Participates in facility leadership team meetings providing quality data and technical perspective
10. Works with corporate Technical Directors and Operations management to create a study plan for facility process improvements.
11. Presents the facility’s food safety and compliance records and programs to regulatory agents, internal auditor and external auditors including SQF and customers.
12. Provides the Quality Director with detailed facility updates including monthly reports.
1. B.S. or A.A. in Food Science/Technology, Microbiology or related field or a minimum 5 years in a quality assurance position.
2. Minimum 2 years supervisory position in a food business.
3. Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of co-workers and management to express complex ideas and situations concisely in written, verbal and electronic modes.
4. Proficient computer skills; e-mail, Word, Excel; LX, PKMS helpful
5. HACCP, SQF, PCQI and Internal Auditor certifications
1. Food processing, warehouse and food laboratory environment
2. The environment may be wet or dry and temperatures may range from 25oF to 110oF
3. Exposure to hazardous materials
4. Ability to climb ladders, bend, reach and occasionally lift of up to 40 lbs. may be required
5. Production demands may require overtime and/or evening or weekend scheduling
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help employees live a healthier life, build rewarding careers and save for the future. Reser's offers choices whenever possible, because we recognize the diverse and ever changing needs of our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, AD&D, life, 401(k) with match, wellness programs, paid holidays and vacation time to name few!